Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Hot Pot Delight

Last weekend I went to Haidilao on Grand Indonesia to enjoy the festivity of Christmas Eve. Having to dislike beef made me avoid this kind of place. I'm not much of a hotpot guy, so going to a place where they sell boiled meat it's not something that I look forward to. But Haidilao has captivated me since the first time I went there. It broke my fourth wall and made me craving for a hotpot ever since. Compared to the Gancit one, the place on GI look way much bigger and less crowded. 


The staff's service here is just as excellent as any service in other Haidilao Restaurant. They keep spoiling us with a friendly environment and educate their customer on how to cook a certain food that we're not familiar with. They are always on standby, so whenever my glass looks less than half empty, they rush immediately to our table and refill it. My camel's drinking ability feel so grateful. 

There's also a cute staff that works here.

"Look at how cute he is when his working."

I think his jobdesk is supposed to be gliding around the restaurant to deliver our food.

I love their three combination soup, and never found another good soup that could beat it. I've tried their tom yum soup, laksa, mushroom broth, and still couldn't find them as great as the three combination soup. So yesterday, I just pushed my luck and tried their Rendang broth. I know, what an odd choice.


I always look down on this particular flavor and always joke about how weird it is to eat something Rendang-ish but with water in it. First of all, let me apologize for being so ignorant before, but the broth is so good. It contains the perfect amount of spiciness and it's very tasty.


And these are what I order.
1. Prawn Paste, this is what I always order whenever I went to Haidilao. It's an easy dish to cook, and can match perfectly with whatever broth you order.
2. Beancurd roll, more of like a side dish. It only needs five seconds for us to cook this one, yet still a really delightful food
3. Fish cake, just like any other fish cake, nothing special.
4. Chikuwa with prawn paste filling, just okay.
5. The Sauce, in here, there is no such thing as free sauce condiment. They will charge you for (I guess) IDR 30k per person. I can't really complain cause their sauce is very rich at flavor, super delicious. We could also ask their staff to make the sauce for us. So we don't have to wondering around and get confused at mixing things.

I can't say much about the beef since I don't eat any of them, but many people say they serve high-quality meat. Maybe you should try it out yourself.

Overall, going to Haidilao is always a delightful experience. I will always be looking forward to doing it again.

Tips: Always use the service that the staff's offer. It will definitely escalate your experience. From mixing out the sauce, to refilling your broth, and even getting you the fruit cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment